From Tuesday, February 6 to Tuesday, February 20 players in both Seasonal and Eternal Realms can bask in the resplendency and joy of the Lunar Awakening limited-time event.
This times-event works in a similar way as the Midwinter Blight event. In this event you can earn Ancestor's Favor and exchange it for all kinds of cosmetics and goods.
There are 10 Ancestor’s Favor reputation levels in total to earn, and 6 different Lunar themed cosmetic rewards to unlock.
Identify and activate Lunar Shrines throughout all areas and activities found within Sanctuary. While active you will earn 50% bonus XP (multiplicative) and have 30% increased movement speed, a plethora of buffs, all while earning Ancestor's Favor.
Travel to Ked Bardu and head to the Northern section of town. Once there you’ll meet Ying-Yue, the leader of the Lunar Night Market. This market is your central hub for Lunar Awakening, where you’ll redeem your Ancestor’s Favor for extravagant Lunar Renewal themed rewards.
During Lunar Awakening, Nightmare Dungeon Sigils have a chance to have an Ancestor’s Favor dungeon affix which guarantees only Lunar Shrines spawn for that dungeon.
In addition to the extra Shrines, you will also receive 10% bonus Glyph XP once the Dungeon is complete! All Nightmare Dungeon Sigils with the Ancestor’s Favor Affix will retain it once the event has ended, so feel free to stockpile away for days long after the Moon has set on Lunar Awakening.
During the Lunar Awakening, some Shrines have been replaced with Lunar Shrines, with an updated appearance to match the festivities! Lunar Shrines function similarly to typical Shrines; but they have been augmented for an extra punch to celebrate this festive event.
Lunar Shrines can be identified by their appearance, adorned with a Dragon in celebration of Lunar Awakening. Lunar Shrines also have a unique Map icon, making them easy to identify from a distance.
Augmented Lunar Shrine Effects:
- Artillery Shrine – Casts have a chance to summon a holy bomb.
- Blast Wave Shrine – Each explosion summons a cluster bombardment.
- Channeling Shrine- Increased attack speed and chance to reset cooldowns.
- Conduit Shrine – Summon frequent, powerful, shocking strikes.
- Greed Shrine – Chance to summon a Treasure Goblin. While the Shrine is active, 25 kills summons a Treasure Goblin, and 50 kills summons a second.
- Lethal Shrine – Chance to instantly execute a struck monster, causing Fear on surrounding monsters. Note: this includes Elites, but excludes Bosses and other Players.
- Protection Shrine – You reflect all incoming damage. Damage reflected scales with Level and World Tier.
Miserly Spirits spawn immediately when a Lunar Shrine is activated, allowing you to immediately capitalize on the Shrines’ specific gameplay augmentation.